Forums  ›  General  ›  General Discussion

CL casual encounters shutdown

Surprised Craigslist shut down their casual encounters section, thoughts?

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-bill/1865

Government assholes meddling again..what’s next Kinkster?

No joke. I hope not. I’ve met some great people online. 

i have had 4 or 5 relationships start with a poorly written casual encounters ad lol

I’m not sure of many other options than kinkster tbh. 

Ugh...we had so much fun with ce.

No where do to... Me thinks kinkster does not have the ability to manage hi ad traffic

We found out about Kinkster through CL; we've had more success (numerically) through Craigslist than we have had here. As Amanda said: we've had a handful of relationships start because of "Casual Encounters," some of which still exist today, and absolutely all were memorable encounters which helped us grow closer and expand our boundaries. Example: several users have recently viewed/liked/commented on the kissing girls photo we recently posted, and that relationship was 100% Casual Encounters.

Welcome to Fascism, people; did you vote for it? We sure as shit did not.

We're personally looking forward to being drafted for the "Space Force".

Amanda, 

Thank you again for what you did, and doing. However, this has come with good intentions, but as with good intentions things can turn in a blink of an eye. Must remain vigilant.  I to have been successful with connections on CL as well. However human traffickers have tainted this platform and will seek other platforms as they do, which is where social media and platforms as ours come into play. The site will be held accountable as others for the actions of its members. So we must as a whole check anyone, not the following guidelines. If not risk losing it,  Human trafficking, prostitution, bullying, harassment, anything misleading will get the site shutdown and federal indictments. That's where this law this is headed.

I love Kinkster but the problem is most people are in Colorado and the pickings around here in TN are VERY slim.

Just noticed this today and very sad.  Have found a number of women for my wife to chat with on CL even though she has only hooked up in person a couple times and we have hooked up in person once.

Hey weluvswinging69: you should make a few weekend trips to Denver... We’d love to entertain you!

We too have found a few great friends through cl, lots of idiots to weed through but hey whatever. Lol. Anyway we're glad to be members here and hope to find some good friends on the western slope. 

I was waiting at the dispo and overheard the bud tenders taking about Craigslist killing the personals & ce, then one of them suggested they join Kinkster.

The second time this weekend I heard this place come up in conversation.

We had similar 40/50% with CL also, the site is great but we feel the ease of contacting just isn't like CL..a chat feature we feel would help

Along with all of you... I also had enjoyed CL... Met many a married woman for short and long term affairs. Sigh...  New here so I hope to make friends and have fun....

Never had any luck on Craigslist too blueballzium

Had anyone found and alternative, besides kinkster

I haven't had much luck meeting folks on Kinkster...but what I can say about Kinkster is that spam has not polluted this website.  Thanks Kinkster.

Just because some people use it for illegal activity, we all have to suffer for it. They shiuld single out the illegal stuff and leave it the way it was.

Craigslist was a good way to find a casual encounter  if you're not into the bar cenes for going out a good way to get laid  except all the fake ads I thought it was great my wife and I found couples and people for threesums and of course a side piece once in a while like whichh I couldreally use cause I haven't seen my wife in almost 5 months and order knows I need to get laid .

Really? Sorry to hear that. I've had three successful connections on this site so far.

Well Littleton CO detector f I may I'd like to fuck you sometime 

we also had a couple encounters from craigslist, it sucks its gone, and here it seems to be legit and all but we have had no luck here, hopefully soon we can find a nice lady to join us.

Read our profile. We aren’t looking for single men at this time.  

Well Littleton CO detector f I may I'd like to fuck you sometime 

You'd think the "no single men" in your avatar pic was half a hint LOL

Littleton wife I'm not single I'm married and my wife and I will both be in on the fun if that makes any difference

The problem I noticed with cl ce was that it seemed that men would flag ever post, real our fake, in order to prevent other people from responding to a post. Housing to increase there chances of getting a response since the number of responses were less b/c the post came down

Doublelist.com is growing fast.  Not as good but there improving everyday 

We never had any responses from CL a lot flakes

Same for us we contacted a guy on CL, even met up with him and had coffee and then he flakes out on the sex meetup said he got "scared".....well we have a one and done policy if you stand us up, your'e DONE.

weluvswinging69 Lol scared that sounds funny 

When CR was going, I always had a strict "don't flake out" policy, because I knew how annoying it was to have others flake out on me. Because I never allowed myself to flake out, it led to some very interesting and equally fun experiences.

I find it extremely funny about the lengths a guy will go to, in order to get laid. And then, after reading lots of posts, it seems that most of those guys don't have the cojones to follow through.

We used CE when traveling. It was quite useful. We knew that many people would flake, so we always had a few convos going to ensure success.  Our success rate was much higher on CL than on Kinkster.  People here seem satisfied with adding "ftiends" but not actually fucking. 

We've replaced CL with Tinder.  We're currently batting 1,000 with that app. Again, only for traveling because being on Tinder is too visible to use close to home. 

My wife and met many fun people via CL and just as some of you have mentioned, most of those relationships have continued to this day. Unfortunately, there are bad people in this world and their intentions and actions are not the same as those of us real adults that seek and enjoy real adult pleasure and fun. 

Hopefully we can discover more individuals like ourselves.

Sexililgreeneyes