Forums  ›  Community Involvement  ›  Think Tank

Promoting the Website

Brain storming some ideas on marketing and promoting the site

Idea:

Users putting their URL in pictures posted to classifieds like CL?

Example: "kinkster.org/AlphaNoise"

Would promote the site, make people posting ads look more legitimate, and a way to mark your content as the owner

That's actually a pretty good idea alphanoise 

I'd second that idea AlphaNoise. It would not only help make the site name more visible, but it would drive traffic, and would help legitimize the authors of the posts.

I was also thinking it might be nice to have a sponsored meetup or party in the Denver area. It would make sense to initially limit it to couples or make it invite only for active community members. Otherwise it would be a 100 to 1 ratio of guys to girls. 

I was also thinking it might be nice to have a sponsored meetup or party in the Denver area. It would make sense to initially limit it to couples or make it invite only for active community members.

we're looking into having some private meet and greets, cocktail hour, etc.

I do like the idea alphanoise. 

Co80002, I think it will help legitimize everyone as well! Then people could get more of an idea of what you like/what you are into! ;P

Co80002, I think it will help legitimize everyone as well! Then people could get more of an idea of what you like/what you are into! ;P

it would nice to see more spend some time on their profiles. Some sites I am a member of require some text in several different areas. Gets away from the blank profiles. It's great that the site is free but how do you balance that with people who are serious about getting to know others in the community, not just the quick hook up. 

All in all as I have said before a great site and glad to be of help in making a succe for all. 

it would nice to see more spend some time on their profiles. Some sites I am a member of require some text in several different areas. Gets away from the blank profiles. It's great that the site is free but how do you balance that with people who are serious about getting to know others in the community, not just the quick hook up. 

All in all as I have said before a great site and glad to be of help in making a succe for all. 

were adding many profile fields that is going to work with a "match maker" suggest users with similar interests. we want to build this into a large social group and not a meat market :)