Forums  ›  General  ›  General Discussion

Would love some advice, and who better to ask

Hey everyone. Looking for some advice. This is him posting. She is aware. We are a committed couple secure and lasting. We love each other completely and are very happy with our lives together, both sexually and mentally. She was open about being bi when we met. Has never been an issue for me and she is aware of that. She misses the experience of being with another woman and I completely support her in that, whether or not there is any involvement from me. We have had a few experiences with friends, but she has had a hard time being comfortable in those situations due to the nature or relationship with those people. She is open to the idea of being with another woman, but has concerns on what effect that would have on our relationship (due mostly to the way things played out when she tried in previous relationships... long story). We joined this site as a means to the possibility of finding the right fit for what she needs to be comfortable. We are both well known in our small town, I am the Chef of one of the top restaurants in the town, and she has been here all of here life and is very recognizable, and as such are not willing to play in our locale.

Not here looking for relationship advice. Just advice on how to move forward with all of this. Everyone starts somewhere, and my hope is that one of you beautiful people or coupkesout there may have had the same experiences and trepidations. Thanks for taking the time to read, and allowing me to post in your community. 

Note some of this may be stereotypical.  For most women there is a strong emotional-relationship component related to sexual relationships.  For men this is much less so.  This makes for complexity in "swinging".  Thus the male partner must be accepting in an open relationship that feelings beyond the partner's sexual relationship may develop. For a woman having a partner in a distant location, which in some ways may be preferable in your situation, is less likely to support the emotional needs met by such a relationship. In an open relationship both parties should be secure in the relationship and not be jealous types.  Sometimes such a relationship may be an effort to meet needs not met within the relationship.  Discuss openly the goals you each have and what could happen if you engaged in an open relationship, as well as how you would both think you would respond.  Thinking a woman can engage in sex, especially on an ongoing basis with someone, without emotional attachment will likely leave you disappointed.